Battle The Off-Road In The Jeep Gladiator
When you want a truck that can handle your day-to-day hauling and cargo needs and your off-road adventures on the weekends, you really want the all-new Jeep Gladiator. The Gladiator combines the rugged off-road capabilities you’ve come to expect from Jeep with the power and might of a midsize truck, making it the perfect companion for every off-the-beaten-path experience.
The Jeep Gladiator can be equipped with several capabilities that make it ready for the off-road:
- Traction – the Gladiator’s traction is a key part of its off-road performance, helping keep each wheel moving forward with the 4×4 system.
- Water Fording – the Trail Rated® Gladiator has a high air-intake and special water sealing technologies to help you wade through water up to 30-inches deep.
- Maneuverability – Precision steering and an optimized wheelbase help you move through narrow gaps rocky terrain, and other tight spots.
- Articulation – The Gladiator’s higher levels of articulation help keep all four tires on the ground in a stable, engaged position.
- Ground Clearance – Gladiator Rubicon models get up to 11.1-inches of ground clearance so you can drive over obstacles without harming the underbody.
Though the Gladiator is plenty tough on its own, equipping it with exclusive off-road equipment makes it all the more ready to tackle your roughest trails. Available options include a forward-facing TrailCam, heavy-duty Dana® 4×4 axles, tow hooks, and buttons that can activate your off-road system in the blink of an eye. Additionally, high-strength steel skid plates help protect the fuel tank and transfer case from damage when facing obstacles.
Power And Performance
The Gladiator’s 3.6-liter Pentastar® V6 engine rouses 285 horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque, offering all of the might you could need for tackling trails, hauling, and towing cargo. When properly equipped, you can tow up to 7,650 pounds. Though trucks aren’t necessarily known for being fuel-efficient, the Gladiator manages respectable numbers thanks to the engine’s start-stop system that maximizes efficiency.
You might also like: Pack A Punch With The Upcoming 2021 RAM 3500